Despite advancements in technology, traditional challenges in pilot training persist:
- While plenty of e-learning options exist, finding better, faster e-learning that enhances classroom and simulator training is difficult
- Training done in-class, in centralized locations, requires pilots to travel and take additional time away from their jobs
- The regulatory structure of training and scheduling constraints limit access to many training resources in between training opportunities
- There is a chronic shortage of qualified aviation instructors
Adaptive Learning can fix this.
How Adaptive Learning Can Improve Pilot Training
Unlike traditional training, Adaptive Learning is accessible on mobile technology — pilots won’t have to travel to centralized locations — and the personalized nature of the training ensures individual pilot needs are met.
By continually assessing and automatically adjusting to meet the unique needs of each pilot, Adaptive Learning generates a laser-focused, individualized experience, with which pilots interact at their own pace.
Plus, there is no need to change your current learning management system — Adaptive Learning works with your current system to enhance your aviation training impact.
In a traditional classroom, the pace of teaching is often dictated by average learners: those at the top of the learning spectrum are often left bored while those who are struggling can be left behind.
By teaching to the elusive average learner — a category that data shows is more myth than reality — your company is missing valuable opportunities to optimize employee potential and maximize business impact.
Adaptive Learning, on the other hand can:
- Uncover unconscious incompetence — what pilots don’t know they don’t know — in order to target pilot blind spots
- Train up to 50% faster than traditional training
- Target pilots’ weak areas for better training outcomes while skipping material with which they are already proficient
- Encourage learner mastery
- Refresh or update prior learning with its Recharge function
Adaptive Learning adjusts to the needs of individual pilots while bringing them to mastery — and improves costly centralized training by preparing the pilot beforehand and saving the instructor time — maximizing costly face-to-face instructor time, making it more effective from a safety and compliance perspective, and better for your company’s bottom line.
Download this e-book to learn more about how Adaptive Learning can create a better aviation training program for your pilots.