Which is preferable? Training that treats every pilot the same, regardless of knowledge and experience level? Or one that personalizes the learning and adjusts to each pilot based on what they need?
Adaptive Learning adjusts based on each pilot’s knowledge and integrates seamlessly with your existing LMS to make training more effective than traditional one-size-fits-none approach.
Benefits of Personalized Flight Safety Training
Two pilots required to take the same training course will have different knowledge levels:
- one may be frustrated by it being too slow
- the other may be overwhelmed by the course material
Traditional learning approaches push the same material to all learners, regardless of what each learner knows or needs to know.
Given the constraints of time and resources in traditional aviation industry training programs, this approach decreases the value of the learning experience because it doesn’t:
- adequately take the learner’s prior knowledge into account
- adjust the course to suit every learner’s needs
Adaptive Learning is not constrained by these boundaries because it uses an entirely different user-centric approach that is powered by our adaptive engine.
Our adaptive platform provides a personalized experience by using formative assessment, just like a personal tutor, in order to gauge:
- What they know versus what they don’t know
- How confident they are in specific key areas, even those areas they have already been exposed to
- What areas they need repeated exposure to through Adaptive Learning’s Recharge function in order to close knowledge gaps and maintain learner mastery of core content
Personalized learning that adjusts to the pilot’s needs means no one has to review content they already know. It also means they can achieve mastery faster than with traditional training approaches.
This benefits pilots — who’s time in training will be more efficient because they are focusing on their own skills gaps — and as a result, training is more efficient, focused, and engaging.
A more efficient training process that yields quality results that can be tracked for individual learners means your company will get more value from training efforts — and your pilots and passengers will be safer in the skies.
Learn more about how Adaptive Learning can benefit your company with this infographic: